I realized how depressing this blog can get without any publication news. Publication Gravy Train is over, Brian!
And so, I took the time to update those links over there. Lots of delightful stuff from some delightful people. Get to that.
For the past three years, I've been working on a novel. And that novel is done. It's called "I/O" and it's a memoir/retelling of the Odyssey/computer virus. There are small smatterings of it out in the world in various literary journals and the whatnot, but they won't spoil your appetite. (Spoiler Alert! The last word is "nowhere")! Celebrate good times, come on. Of course, it's going through some heavy editing and multiple readers at the moment, and will continue to do so for a few months, but the bulk of it is done. Scary. And kind of great. The goal is that of any other wacky nonfiction writer; win the Graywolf Press award, use the money to buy fireworks and finance a mixtape with the Paper Route Gangstaz. Bama Gettin' Money, Indeed.
I'm super excited for AWP...there's gonna be pizza and Italian Beef and writing and I'm giving a panel and beer and perhaps flag football in a park and more beer and readings and unintentional comedy and I'm gonna liveblog the thing again and probably get in trouble again. So, if you're there and want to participate in any of these things, give me a holler. (holler!)
1.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
good job on the novel. i like the idea of a liveblog for awp.
Congrats again, my friend!
Thanks for the blogroll shout!
When do I get the draft?
And did you get in trouble for live blogging last year? I don't remember that. Looking forward to living vicariously.
Oh yes. Some trouble (though not real trouble) stemming from a certain reading that a certain someone attended with me.
Post a Comment